Basic Gantt Charts | Flexible Project Options | Import/Exports | Vista Compatibility (V3 and earlier versions do not work on Vista) | Windows 7 Compatibility | Windows 8 Compatibility | Project Reporting | Flexible User Control
We heard our customers loud and clear that Gantt Charts needed
more flexibility to mirror the complexity and needs of their projects:
1. To make scheduling easy and quick, the Gantt chart opens in a starter schedule for new projects by setting today as the start date and assigning a one-day duration to each task. This creates a waterfall or cascade pattern, with one task following the other. To adjust the schedule to fit your project, you can move task bars around as well as change their start dates, finish dates, and durations. Also, you can change the project "start date" to change all the dates in the project.
2. Phases which contain tasks are represented by summary bars that "contain" their tasks.
3. You can set % done in a special column, which display in the the task bars.
4. You can set milestones (the task bar turns into a diamond-shape) by setting the task duration = 0.
5. You can change the color of task bars for emphasis.
The Planning Wizard has been streamlined from earlier versions, with the following added features:
Project KickStart 5's exports (which were called "links" in Ver 3) have been substantially enhanced, including exports to Microsoft Office 2007:
1. Word export saves in Word doc format
2. Excel export saves in Excel workbook format
3. Power Point export lets you chose a design template, provides clearer information, and lets you include the Gantt chart in your presentation.
4. Outlook Export lets you:
The Import from Outlook to the People Library has also been improved:
5. ACT! 7 and later (2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2010) are now supported with an enhanced Export and Import.
6. The new MindManager 8 export/import lets you easily export to MindManager. MindManager instantly displays a visual map of the tasks in Project KickStart. You can see the project structure, including the phases, tasks, percent done, costs, and notes. Or, you can develop a rough plan in MindManager, and export your mind map to Project KickStart for detailed planning. It goes both ways!
There's no substitute for taking a test drive - download our Free trial here.
|Quick Links:||Webplanner | Customer Successes | Products & Pricing | Education Pricing | Non Profit Pricing | About Us | Project Management News | Project Management Software Free Trial | Project Management Videos | Project Management Tips | Project Management Templates | Project Management Consultants and Trainers | Technical Support | Thinking Tools Store | Project KickStart Store | Site Search|
|Features Tour:|| Easy Project Planning | Gantt Chart | Personal Task Assignments | Project Management Reports | Merging Multiple Projects | Project Dashboard | Document Management | Sharing and Collaboration with Webplanner
|Project Management Software